Tmem119-EGFP and Tmem119-CreERT2 transgenic mice for labeling and

@ShanTan you might find this useful

Thanks @achamess! Just heard about these. So many problems with the other lines available (CX3CR1, Iba1 cre…). This looks promising.

Nice! This will likely become an important tool for microglia folks. Let us know how it goes if you use it.

I just ordered these mice. I will cross them with the tdTomato and keep you posted with some pictures - ASAP :wink:

Excellent! Thanks @tberta. I hope it looks good.

Any updates on this @tberta? We just received this line and crossed them with Tdtom. Hoping it looks okay!

Not yet - we are at the same stage and waiting for the first delivery of Tmem119Cre/tdTomato pups. We will keep you posted. Meanwhile, the manuscript characterizing these mice just came out in eNeuro. Here the link: https://www.eneuro.org/content/6/4/ENEURO.0448-18.2019

@tberta Did you ever get these mice? Looks like Jax is no longer distributing.

We did and crossed them with the tdTomato mice. Last week, we had our fist look at these crossed mice and we observed a nice signal in the spinal cord of cells that look like microglia and no signal in DRG tissue (i.e. no labeling of macrophages). In the next few weeks, we will further characterize these mice and share some images. It is weird that Jax has suddenly stopped their distribution!

1 Like

Sounds great @tberta. Hang onto those mice! Weird that Jax stopped distribution. Glad to hear they look good though.

As promised, here are some images from the Tmem119-creERT2xtdTomato mice. Great expression and colocalization in microglia in SC, and no expression in macrophages.

Tmem119 in DRG!

2 Likes

That’s beautiful Temo! Thanks for sharing. That’ll be a super useful mouse. Jax needs to get it back in stock.

Me too - really happy with this line! Thinking of contacting Jax to see why they pulled this line. Will let you guys know what they say.

Awesome! Thanks for coming back and sharing those beautiful images.
I heard there was a licensing issue with Jax or something. Glad you guys get the mice before they pulled back.

Hi all, I just came across this based on Mariko’s twitter question. JAX stopped distribution to due an IP issue that should be resolved, so we’re expecting distribution to resume soon. I hope this helps :slight_smile:
Good luck with your experiments - I hope these lines will be of use to you!

1 Like

Thanks for the update @TobiasKaiser.
This mouse is sure to be an important tool for everyone studying microglia.

Fantastic! I also just wanted to update you that these mice are available from JAX again :slight_smile: